Wednesday, February 3, 2010

It's All about LOVE

As I have gone through my life's journey with all the triumphs, some material wealth and achievements as well as the difficulties, loss and pain there has been one lesson in this my human journey that has remained consistent throughout which is the most important thing in life is love. It's the love given and received from family, friends, acquaintances, strangers and yes even enemies that raise us up above the muck and filth that sometimes encompasses our lives and is ultimately what make our lives worth living. Someone much greater than myself declared that the greatest commandment we should have guide our lives is to love your neighbor. Why then do we continuously find ourselves surrounded by a world of tension, strife, hate and the worst kinds of evil where it seems that love was cast away eons ago? I believe it is because even the most loyal followers of greatest man to trod earth have become deaf to his primary teaching. We have all become cold, self-righteous arbitrators of the world as we see it and are blind to other views of it. We sit in judgment of each other preferring to right instead of embracing each others differences and find strength in them. We quibble and fight over the most insignificant and immaterial items and go to war for even less. We apparently prefer the loneliness of division to the warmth found in the unity of love.

As I continue my journey of life, I dedicate myself to one proposition to love and receive love. I reject the loneliness of self-righteousness and embrace the differences of others. I will find the strength and unity that results when we allow ourselves to find common ground, a common purpose for the common good. I will live my life in love and through that love make this world a better place to live.

I do not want to be lonely anymore and want to come out from the cold. This is my pledge, this is my oath and this is my prayer. I love you.

No comments:

Facebook Badge